Friday 15 February 2013

Operation Skinny - Update

It's been a while since I have updated on my weight loss as I missed a weigh in due to poorlyness and went back last Wednesday to a loss of 3lb (one benefit of illness and loss of appetite!) this bumped me over my 5% weight loss.  I am so pleased with what I am losing because it's coming off steadily and therefore not piling back on quickly if I have a naughty day or eat something I shouldn't.  However back in January I said that I wanted to change the way I think about food rather than dieting and I think that mindset is working.  I no longer crave junk food such as McDonalds or KFC, I look forward to treats such as a flavoursome curry or tasty chinese, something with a bit of oomph to it rather than fake processed rubbish!  I don't crave crisps nearly as much but find myself craving a bowl of muesli or weetabix!  I have found a taste for suger free squash and therefore have forgone most fizzy pops in the last 2 months (apart from the odd craving that I hit with Diet or Max drinks!)

I think this is why I am losing steadliy and even when I have a naughty week (i.e. my trip to Manchester) I am not going overboard i.e. I'm having a bag of chocolate covered pretzels rather than a Big Mac Meal and a milkshake!  In fact the thought of McDonalds msot days makes me feel a bit queasy!

I was not feeling that confident this week and I know exactly why.  I haven't been tracking what I eat online, I have been guessing and hoping for the best and so I haven't lost this week.  I'm disappointed with myself because I know that tracking works so I don't know why I haven't been doing it.  This week i will be tracking EVERYTHING to the last ml of skimmed milk and i'm going to watch the weight continue to fall off! 

Dad's party is only 7 and a bit weeks away so I want to have lost over a stone by then which is acheivable and not drastic... I have already lost 10lb so a stone is not that far away so i'll keep you posted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment