Thursday 21 February 2013

Operation Skinny - Week 7

Sooooo, losing weight it seems is not as hard as I once thought.  It seems over the last 7 weeks since I started weight watchers, I have significantly changed the way I think about food.  I no longer crave McDonalds, KFC or Burger King, nor do I feel the need to eat for the sake of it.  For example, if someone offers me a cake at work, this used to be an excuse to eat a cake...not anymore.  If i'm not hungry I politely decline and now I have found that even if I am a bit peckish (which is rare as I keep myself full on fruit and veg) I will still choose not to have it.  However, the difference in it this time is I don't feel as though I am missing out on anything.  I think going to 7 weeks without much of certain foods such as coke, chocolate, fast food and full fat coke has curbed my 'addiction' to them.  It's a huge success for me because I have always found dieting to be a chore and a hassle, now my lifestyle is changing and I happen to be losing weight because of it.

This week is the first week I have actually felt like I have lost.  I feel different, my clothes feel loose, my skin and hair are healthier and I feel smaller.  I'm getting my good curves back, my waist is back!  I still have a belly on me but it is definitely shrinking and it will only keep doing so.

My ultimate target is 20th July, my friends wedding.  I want to look and feel fabulous and the only way I was going to do that was to lose weight.  However, I have found myself setting mini targets, for example, my Dad's surprise birthday party in April, I have 5 weeks until then and I want to be in a size 12 dress by then.  If I keep having weeks like this week then that is definitley possible and this week has just pushed and motivated me to keep it up and keep losing! This week I thought I had lost around 2lb which is a nice steady loss, I ate so well all week and because I didn't have any birthdays or drinking events I didn't use any of my weekly points.  I was surprised at weigh in because I actually lost 3.5lb and I was so proud of myself :-)

So what have I been eating this week.  I have found a really easy dinner that I am loving at the moment.  I fry 120g of chicken (4 ww points) with chopped onions, mushrooms, peppers or any other left over veg until its all cooked through and then mix in a teaspoon of basil pesto (1 ww point) and I serve it with my frozen roasted veg which are really easy to bung in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.  It's such a nice dinner and only 5 points overall :-)  I think this has really helped me this week as I usually use around 10-12 points for my dinner so this is a massive reduction and I think the reason why I haven't touched my weekly points.  I have been drinking more sugar free squash instead of tea and fizzy diet drinks which I also think is helping.  I am going to follow the same system this week and see if it has the same effects 2 weeks in a row.

Fingers crossed......

No comments:

Post a Comment