Monday 17 June 2013

Shocking behaviour!!


I am appalled at myself, it has been a month since I last posted anything – I will never remember what I was dong, thinking or feeling for 30 days so I will never know.  When I look back on this blog in 10 years’ time, I will wonder what I did this month and how I felt.  I can post about what I did and who with but feelings diminish over time and therefore you don’t get the full impact after waiting so long to write about it.

Well, the last I posted was about graduating, which is very exciting so I have been working really hard on my uni work in the hopes of getting a First as well as planning my party – which is the main reason I want to graduate!

New Arrival

What else have you missed, well….the most amazing little girl was welcomed into the world Brogan Beau Yates on 1st May 2013.  I say little lightly as she was 10lb 2oz so not really little at all.  I got to meet her at only 3 days old, which was a huge honour and I expected her to look like a little sumo wrestler being so heavy but she’s perfect.  Not chunky just long, I’m sure she will be taller than me in 2 years!!  I have since met her 3 times and each time I meet her I love her a little bit more.  She is just so cute and I just want to munch her all the time.  I am now being that annoying proud Aunty that will happily show random people photos of the most beautiful Niece in the world.  The proud parents are doing really well and are just getting themselves into a routine, so hopefully when she’s a bit older I can see her a little bit more.  On the plus side this means more work for me and Poppy Events, I am organising their Naming Ceremony or Brogan’s Welcome to the World party.  With only 3 weeks to plan it and venue disasters it’s not going the best but I will get there and the party will be amazing J

Family Time

Also, it was my birthday – I didn’t mess about and filled my weekend jam packed with visits and drinking and friends and I loved every minute – who needs rest!!  First was the family meal on the Thursday night, however as more and more people dropped out (including my Dad who decided to go to Poland instead!) I decided it wasn’t worth going out and paying for a meal – so we stayed in and finished off making the cupcakes for my friend Alison’s Engagement party (see below) – it was fun family time nonetheless and we had a laugh as we always do!

Alison’s Engagement Party

CRISIS!!! Alison texts me to say the cake lady she had booked had let her down, so would I make 40 cupcakes for her party – how could I say no!  Plus it’s fun when you baking for a purpose!  So with a bit of help from Barbara and Steph the cakes were made, iced and decorated in 2 nights!!  The party was Friday night so me and Steph got on the road listening to Will Smith’s Greatest Hits and headed to our hotel.  Have to say staying in a hotel, whether a million miles away or 20 is always fun!!  We had a real laugh getting ready and were significantly late as expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment