Wednesday 24 April 2013

Graduation!!!

Open University have contacted me let me know I can book onto my graduation ceremony (officially for my Foundation degree in Business).  However, it falls a month after I finish my final course for my BA (hons), therefore I am going to use this as a celebration.  I will be inviting my family and a few close friends to see me graduate on 23rd November - I got this e-mail yesterday morning and I spent the day feeling quite emotional that such a long journey and such a big part of my life for 6 years is finally coming to an end.  I will attend my ceremony for my BA (hons) in Business Studies in June but just with me and Dad and we will go out for dinner afterwards - a bit of Father/Daughter bonding.





I can't help but feel sad that certain people aren't here to see me acheive this success, I wish my Grandad Bob could have been here to see my Graduation photo go up on his living room wall alongside my dads and my cousins, I wish my Grandee Reg could do a little success jig and give me the tightest hug but most of all I wish my mom could see me (trip up!) on stage and hug me and tell me she is proud of me.  It will never be the same without her there, but without the strength I gained from losing her I might never have acheived what I have, who knows.  I will put my photo next to hers and hope she can see it and share in my successes from wherever she is.





However, in true Jayne Porch style, I will be having a graduation party (and I have convinced my Dad to pay for it!) the week after my ceremony - me and cousins are already planning dance routines for the event.  Fortunately, due to the timing my one cousins should be back from uni in time to celebrate and it will be before my other cousin goes off travelling for a year.  So hopefully everyone will be there in good spirits and I can get drunk with my family and friends without worrying about reading or writing an essay the next day. 

I assume I will look something like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment