Friday 8 March 2013

Lazy blogger.....

Well, it's been waaay too long since I last posted.  I have just read the first post in my cousin Amy's new blog and it has motivated me to catch back up!!  So where have I been you ask.......Well!!

First off, my friends baby shower, I have been completely and utterly engrossed in the organisation of it - to the point where I may have been borderline obsessed!  However, it seems all the effort and stressing paid off because the shower was a complete success, no hiccups, no disasters and most of all Lou loved it.  She did however introduce me to everyone as 'the shouty one with scary eyes' which was only a little bit accurate!  These are the amazing cupcakes we had on the day.  I am hoping for some more photos from the day but we are waiting for the professional photographer to say they are ready.  Unfortunately, (for me not for weight watchers) I didn't get one :( never mind maybe next time!


I can't wait to post the rest of the photos :-)

Operation Skinny - became operation miserable!!  I went to weigh in on 27th Feb after being really good all week and I had stayed the same.  I was so disheartened I pretty much gave up last week.  I was 1lb off a stone and I stayed the same grrrrr!  So last week I didn't track my points, didn't even think about points. I ate exactly what I wanted (still mostly avoided junk food mind!) and I went to weigh in this Wednesday only to find I had lost 1.5lb WTF!!! This makes no sense to me whatsoever....Either way I was pleased as I have finally lost a stone and i'm noticing the difference everyday :-) It looks like not having that cupcake was worthwhile.

I've caught up on some films recently, John Carter which is ok nothing to write home (or a blog) about but it was entertaining to watch even with the poor acting and bad CGI.  I watched Battleship and The Darkest Hour which again were both entertaining but I wouldn't shout about them from the rooftops - It seems I have taken a liking to action films with limited substance.  So to even it out I went to the cinema to see Safe Haven, as a die hard Nicholas Sparks fan I usually love his movie adaptation but this one was a little flat, it was missing something and I couldn't quite put my finger on it.  The book in this case was definitely better the film just moved a bit too slow and didn't put across the emotions the way the book did.  I reminded myself that I do love Nicholas Sparks films by watching The Lucky One again, which after The Notebook is one of my favourites.  I also watched Like Crazy as it was recommended by IMDB if you liked The Perks of being a Wallflower which I loved.  Like Crazy was good but a bit depressing, it reminded me of Blue Valentine, you want to watch to the end to find out what happens but when you do you are disappointed, you want the big fluffy happy ending (even if you said you didn't!) - Anywho that is two weeks worth of films there would have been more but I have had an essay to write.....

.....Open University the worst and best part of my life, exhausting, draining, tiring but will be worth every moment when I graduate later this year.  I have just started a new course based on Innovation and Sustainability.  It is really out of my comfort zone as all my previous courses have been business related and this is a complete 180 but I am enjoying learning something new.  However, I have found the essays a lot harder as I haven't got 4 years of business courses to back up my arguments, its all very new.  But I like a challenge and that is what this is, my last challenge before I graduate.

Well that's me for today, hopefully I won't leave it as long next time.....

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I want one of those cupcakes!!! They look so yummy and pretty!

    ReplyDelete