Monday 20 January 2014

2014 so far......

So, this is a little delayed - if I'm honest I haven't posted because I have been too busy living!! 2014 has started off fantastic and it can only get better:

Dieting and Exercise
So the diet has started off well, 4lb off in the first 2 weeks and much better muscle mass and water levels.  My new diet (high protein, limited carbs) means I have much more energy throughout the day and I'm not nearly as tired (usually, today is a exception to the rule!!) but I can feel myself getting stronger during training and I'm excited to train now, which is where I needed to get back to!  I've brought new gym gear and weights and I'm trying Herbalife shakes for a kickstart in the weight loss department - I'll let you know how they go!

I have taken a before and after photo so far (unfortunately I'm in my underwear so I won't be sharing on here, but believe me you can see the change :-)

Blogging
I'll admit I have been a bit lax on the blogging front, but that is going to change.  I think rather than bullying myself into blogging everyday, I am going to do a weekly round up on a Sunday covering my travels, weight loss, diet and anything else that is going on in my life!1 Hopefully this is something I can stick to...


Travels
No international travel to speak of this year so far, although I have been given my schedule for the year and it looks like I will be going to some interesting places, Frankfurt, Geneva, New Orleans, South Africa, India and Dubai to name but a few!  I will update on them once I know more but I can tell you I am VERY excited!!

I went to Camden for a weekend away with my friend from University to go to a club night.  The night was fantastic but I'm the kind of person that goes clubbing from 8pm - 2am NOT Midnight - 6am and I couldn't cut it - I left early and was in bed by 3am watching the Hollyoaks Omnibus!!  However, I did get to meet up with my college friend who moved to London a while ago and we found the most amazing food market, that sold every kind of food you can imagine, its was incredible.  We had chickpea curry with rice and halloumi wrap which were lovely!  We must go back because there is so much we didn't try!!



Countdowns
There is lots to countdown to this year, Brogan Beau's first Birthday, Graduation, Graduation Party, Holiday of a lifetime take two as well as all my work travels, my birthday and saving to buy my own house.  2014 is going to be EPIC!!  Plans are finally being laid for the party and the trip - I couldn't be more excited now!  Plus I have linked the party to the trip by having an American theme :-)



TV and film
Well so far this year at the cinema I have seen 12 years a slave (brilliant but hard to watch it places), American Hustle (loved Jennifer Lawrence, scene stealer by far!) and The Hobbit (looooong slept for the first 20 minutes but loved the rest, glad to see Legolas back ;-))

More importantly is the tele that I've been watching - I am loving (and fully addicted to) The Tomorrow People and Community (luckily I have 4.5 seasons of the latter to keep me sane!).  I have also finally started Breaking Bad which is as amazing as everyone suggested it was.  Plus my friend tricked me into watching Sherlock, which I am now fully in love with but still have a fair few episodes of catching up to do.

I am seriously behind on a few good series, Supernatural and Arrow for a start as well as Bates Motel and Downton Abbey!!  Lots of tele to watch, fortunately, I have no studying to get in the way of it!

Cuddles with my favourite girl
I have had lots of cuddles from Spud so far this year, but this has to be my favourite (although technically it was last year!!)










No comments:

Post a Comment