Monday 22 April 2013

Onwards and upwards

So, after well over 6 months of not feeling myself, not being excited about anythng, not feeling happy and certainly not feeling motivated, things are finally changing!!

Whether is the sunshine, the plans I'm making or the changes about to happen, the counselling, I don't know, but I'm feeling better - I'm feeling better than I have in months.  I feel like a cloud has lifted and it feels amazing!

I'm not foolish enough to believe it's all over and I will never feel depressed or down again, what is does prove is that you can change things.  I could have sat around and wallowed in my own self pity, whined about the friends I'd lost, the things I didn't have and cry about the things I couldn't do....but I didn't!!  I stood up and took action, I changed my life and my outlook!  For a long time I genuinely believed I couldn't change anything, but they were excuses not to try:

  • I can't change my job because they are funding my degree
  • I can't have any fun because the friends I used to spend most of my time with have gone
  • I can't look forward to things because I have nothing to look forward to
  • I can't date because boys hurt you
and the list goes on!

Therefore, at this moment in my life at 13.14 on Monday 22nd April 2013 this is how my life looks:

New Job
This time next week I will be in my new office in my new job with different people and a whole new role to learn and I can't wait.  I can't wait to be challenged and to learn new things and make changes and get stuck into a permenant role.  It's closer to home, longer hours but its a permenant job that could/will involve international travel so I can see some of the world and get paid for it!! Who could ask for more?

New best friend
My creative, wonderful, insane, bested friend Lou is having a little Lou, her due date was last Thursday and now we are just waiting.  I wait in anticipation every morning for the 'still pregnant' text and hover by my phone all day for updates - just in case!  Knowing instantly that shes in labour will be no benefit as I will then have to wait anxiously by the phone for the 'She' here' text before I can plan a visit to meet my new best friend (we will have around the same mental age so we should get on great!)  I cannot wait to meet her and get to know her and watch her grow up and I feel very proud to be a part of her life and her parents!!

New holiday
I am finally booking my holiday to San Diego to go to Comic Con, the Comic Book Convention.  I am extremely excited and its not until July 2014!!  However, I decided to go with my Dad who like a good Comic Book movie but is not interested in the convention therefore we have had to make the holiday for him as well!!  We have a jam packed 2 and a half week trip planned including Las Vegas, LA, San Francisco, Yosemite National Park, Lake Tahoe, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Disneyland, Universal, San Diego Zoo and Seaworld.  and breath!!!  I will be shattered, especially after hiking in the national park and the Grand Canyon but it will be so worth it and the photos and memories will be ones to keep forever.  This also includes 2 of my 30/30 list :-)

Festival going
According to my 30/30 list I need to go to a festival, it's never appealed to me before but now I really want to do it.  So I have got my cousin on board and next summer we are going to festial it up, not sure where yet but it's all very exciting!!

Degree
I have now finished my Foundation degree and I just waiting on my classification.  I am doing my final course now to get my BA (hons) - I have less than 6 months to go and considering it is a 6 year degree that is quite an acheivement!  I can't wait to be finished and start learning some new things I will enjoy learning rather than things I feel I should do for my career...

BSL Level 1
I have booked to start a BSL Level 1 course in October, I am really excited. I think it's a great skill to have and can be useful in many situations, I will post updates once I have started!

Gym
At the end of this week i am joining the gym again!!  This is a posh gym that is part of a hotel and it's all very fancy with proper changing rooms and shower cubicles so I am quite looking forward to it.  I will be taking part in mostly classes as I find the most motivation in going to these.  I want to tone now that I am finally losing weight, so i'll be doing things like Body Pump and Pilates.  I'll let you know how I get on :-)

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment