Monday 8 April 2013

Holiday laziness.....

I thought I would post a million blogs while on my annual leave, turns out if I don't have to work I get incredibly lazy!!!  So here is my recap blog for my holiday.........

Guildford...What an amazing weekend!! Thorpe Park was FREEZING and wet but empty therefore no queues, only downside to no queues is less photos due to less boredom!!!  However, even with limited photographic evidence we had a great time.  Although a tip for any theme park goer, DON'T go on the front row of a rollarcoaster (particularly a fast one!) when it is raining - this is how you come off and rain stings at high speeds....my face felt violated!!!

We even have time to go on the kiddy rides as well as the proper ones - Carousel and banana boat (which is effectively a pirate ship painted like a banana!!) which were funny!  However, it had become apparent that I am ridiculously short, I couldn't get on (or off!) the horses on the carousel nor could I get on another ride which was embarrasing!  As well as the teacups on which I made Nicole spin because of my gammy hand and she nearly lost her fingers to frostbite!!


 

We also had a characture done of some random people....you may think this is odd but when we agreed to it we assumed he would draw us, apparently we we're wrong as this looks nothing like either of us!!!

We followed up Thorpe Park with films and junk food and general laziness - we did go shopping and I found the perfect dress for my dads party on Friday so that was good news - now all I need is jewellery and handbag!!  We watch When Harry met Sally (a classic!), People like us (pretty uncomfortable and all around grim film) and The Nines (which is turned out I had already seen the end of once before!).  We also tried to watch a film called Bachelorette which we made 30 minutes into before giving up because it was AWFUL!!  No recommendations from me (other than When Harry met Sally of course!).  All in all a cracking weekend and I avoiding all the snow because they didn't have much in London at all!!

The rest of the week became a blur of laziness and final plans for the party but it is all done and ready to go and I watched The Amazing Spiderman again and remembered how much I loved it so I will be watching that again.  I also went back to my childhood and watched Cinderella and The Lion King which brought back lovely memories :-)

Soo, I will be able to give you an update and photos on the planning and preparations for Dads party as well as the party itself, which I might add I am very excited about!!  I don't think he has any idea (unless he reads my blog haha!!).  I just hope it all goes well on the night - 3 sleeps and counting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment