Tuesday 8 January 2013

Countdown

It's been a long time since I have been excited about anything and I mean anything.  I wasn't looking forward to Christmas and normally i'm the festive (borderline irritating) Christmas junkie you would have the care to meet so it was strange not to look forward to it.  In the end I enjoyed it as much as I could but I missed the excitement of the run up to Christmas (which I always think is the best bit!!) and definitely missed counting down the days so in the interest of improving myself and my life I have started some new countdowns and I found myself looking forward to the events at the end of these countdowns:

17 Sleeps until I visit my cousin in Manchester for the weekend
61 Sleeps until Mothers Day/Moms anniversary which isn't supposed to be fun but taking a day trip to Weston Super Mare will be fun!!
72 Sleeps until my annual trip to Guildford and Thorpe Park with my cousin
100 Sleeps until Baby Bow's arrival (although I get the feeling this may be sooner)

This is all I have at the moment but as they happen I intend to add new ones as well, each month I want to make sure I have a new thing to look forward to, there is plenty that I need to plan anyway like:

Trip to Devon to visit my cousin, her husband and their beautiful baby boy
Family holiday in Weston-Super-Mare (in honour of my Grandad)
Graduation Party (althought this may end up being next year!)
Holiday with my aunts and cousins (hopefully!)
Lots of special times with Baby Bow

I have eaten lots of lovely (healthy and weight watchers approved food today) i had porridge with raisins and dried apricot in this morning, not sure I like dried apricot but it may grow on me :-/ apples and clementines for snacks as well (the clementines are sooo sweet and lovely im not sure whether its the time of year or what!) Then chicken salad for lunch with lettuce, carrot and peppers and mint yogurt dressing, nomnom!!  I think I will be eating in the pub tonight so it will be a good test of how well I do when i'm not at home or work so wish me luck!

Finish work early today so off to train with my cousin - this is the fitness regime we are doing:



I did take a video of myself doing it last night to see where I need to improve but I won't be posting it on here, I knew it would be bad but I was not prepared for what I saw - it was quite an eye-opener.  If you want a motivator to lose weight do exercise on camera and watch it back - sorted!!

I did go to the pub and it was a Hungry Horse chain, not sure if anyone else has ever been to one but they do not understand the concept of healthy food let alone salad.  Not a single salad, skinny burger or plain chicken breast on the menu so I decided to eat at home instead but had a bag of quavers to take the edge off while still being within my allocated propoints for today and by the time I got home I wasn't hungry so have skipped dinner altogether.  Regardless, I very much enjoyed my catch up with Claire (hadn't seen her since New Year) and she found joy in me recounting stories that I like to call 'Shit my Nan says' but I will save those for another time :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love our 'Shit my Nan says...' series!! She does come out with some amazing things doesn't she?!!

    Good girl with your eating, i am so impressed with you. We will have to put something in the diary for you to come down, i won't be drinking vimto pretending that it is wine this time!

    I think that is such a good idea to film myself working out, i bet i see that i am not putting near enough effort into my workouts... i'm going to try it and then when i am a fitness guru i will look back and laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete