Sunday 6 January 2013

The power of dreams and positive thinking

My counsellor taught me to control my thoughts, i.e replace negative thoughts with positive thinking and to control my temper when I can't find things or things don't go my way. I think I may have taken this a little bit too far, let me explain...

Last night I had a dream that I was going on a skiing holiday with a group of friends and family and I had planned it all and was feeling very smug so turned up at my friends house explaining how organised I am. She noticed I had no suitcase and asked me about it, it turned out I had forgotten to pack and had 15 minutes before the taxi was due. I rushed home in a panic and tried in vain to pack items suitable for skiing (I haven't been skiing for at least 5 years if not more so remembering what to pack was impossible) - therefore I was freaking out, crying, angry and inconsolable.... Then in my dream I said to myself "this is getting too stressful and I'm panicking, I need to wake up now"

At that point I woke up feeling slightly panicked and worried until I realised it was a dream. I am managing to control my emotions even in my dreams... This must be a good sign!!!

Was supposed to go to The Harvester today with my bestest buddy but she is poorly with a migraine (do not envy her!!) so instead I am having breakfast with Aunt and cousins, they are having a full cooked breakfast so I am going to try and pull out the healthy bits (no greasy spoon situation for me!!) if I can do this I will be really proud as I love a really greasy full English :)

My Happy Day Calendar tells me I should be happy today because its nearly spring.... The temperature and frost outside is telling me different :-/



Later on today I'm going to see The Impossible the film about a British family in Southeast Asia during the devastating Boxing Day tsunami - I am little concerned as I am quite emotional at the minute and it looks like such an emotional film throughout, I cried in the trailer!!



The film has faced some criticism over the film being stated as a true story and use of British actors when in fact in the true story was a Spanish family and the focus being on Western tourists over the locals who suffered terribly by the devastation of the tsunami. Empire magazine (my film guru) gives it 4 stars, I'll share my opinion tomorrow...

Now back to my Full English, this is what I went for which I am really proud about! Grilled bacon, no fat, poached egg, mushrooms and beans plus lightly buttered toast to fill me up until my next meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment