Saturday 5 January 2013

'Operation Skinny' - Day 3

Woke up feeling quite glum this morning, tried some of the 'techniques' given to me by my counsellor but couldn't shake the feeling of sadness.  This is never a good start to the day in my world so I decided to change it!  I checked out my Happy Day Calender and I read my cousins blog, both of which prompted me to get my ass out of bed...

 So I jumped out of bed put my exercise gear on and tackled Day 3 of 'Operation Skinny'.  Just the prospect of getting up and doing something made me feel better so I continued this theory throughout the day...

Here is the evidence of my gruelling 40 minute workout this morning, I look sad but I felt much better after I'd cooled down and realised I had achieved something :-)



I continued my day on a high, went to the supermarket and brought lots of fresh veg to par boil and freeze, i figure if its accessible easily I'm more likely to eat it :-) and i even made an effort when getting ready, put a bit make up on, straightened my hair.  These are habits I have slipped out of in the past few months, refusing to care how I look but that needs to change....I am starting a routine of taking care of myself both physically and mentally.  In support of this I decided to walk to the supermarket with my Dad, which turned out was 2.45 miles away, took us over three hours including the shopping and a quick stop at Costa Coffee (only drinking Vitamin Water might I add!) but I feel great, tired but not in a groggy way :-)  I think walking is something I need to do more often, particularly at the weekend when its very easy to stay in bed all day!

I think its fair to say my obsession with television is contributing to my depression, as much as I think I enjoy lounging around watching series after series it actually makes me feel groggy, low and lazy.  I am learning that by being active and achieving things (even if its just a 40 minute workout or a task I promised I would do) I feel much happier.  This is one of those 'lightbulb' moments that you have to try and remember for the future as I can easily forget and revert to my lounging lazy self!

Right I am off now to spend some quality time with my cousin before she leaves to go back to university :(


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Jen for turning your day around! Good on you for walking to the supermarket too after your workout.

    I have to agree that the TV is evil. Last week i realised that it was driving me crazy so god knows what it was doing to Rowan, instead i turned the radio on and kept busy, i felt more positive through the day instead of achieving nothing but guilt infront of the TV!

    ReplyDelete