Thursday 10 January 2013

The power of laughter

It is fair to say that I really believe the statement above, for example on Christmas Day me and Dad were just having dinner at home just the two of us so we brought chicken as I am not a fan of Turkey at all.  So I brought a fairly large chicken with a use by and display until date of 28th December - plenty of time!! NO,opened the wrapper on Christmas Day and the smell was awful, there was no question, the chicken had gone off!!  I was so upset, I just wanted a nice Christmas dinner with no hassle and it had all gone wrong.  Therefore I started to cry, borderline hysterically while my Dad proceeded to go backwards and forwards from the freezer to the living room to show me the options we had (this included Turkey drummers and Beef Meatballs!!) you can imagine how impressed I was with these suggestions as well as Dad's extremely helpful 'Its only a dinner Jenna we can have anything'.  This just got me more upset until that is my friend Claire rang me, this is how the conversation went:

Claire: Whats wrong, are you crying?
Jenna: Yeah the chicken has gone off and it smells rotten and Dad thinks its just a dinner and wants to cook Turkey Drummers, they are just chicken nuggets made with Turkey, Christmas Sucks
Claire: Do you have cheesecake for pudding?
Jenna: What?
Claire: Do you have cheesecake for pudding?
Jenna: Of course, why?
Claire: Why does it matter what you have for dinner when you have cheesecake for after, cheesecake rocks!

This made me laugh so much I forgot how upset I was about the chicken and just at that moment Dad came in with Streaky bacon and Posh sausages 'Giant pigs in blankets?'

My Christmas was saved through the power of laughter!  What made me think of this story?  Well, it was this photo that I found on Facebook, people say you should make light of depression or anxiety disorders etc but maybe if your a sufferer you should once in a while because laughing once can make you feel so much better for the rest of the day!! (all these photos are from the igag app for iphone!)


So here are some other of the my favourite pictures that I have found on Facebook, some have made me smile because they are a nice quote or happy thought, others have made me howl with laughter and have brightened a little bit of my day:

This is exactly what I like before I start a diet :-/



Since my bestest mate found out she was having a baby, baby clothes became much more exciting - I am determined to find the most inappropriate tshirt for baby Bow to wear these are just a few i have found browsing the internet:




If you've ever seen the film Inception you will like this - i am amazed anyone could do this!  It is a plotline of Inception in the form of a drawing :-o



Have you ever felt like this....I have many a time ;-)



Then just a few that made me laugh :-)









1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post Jen! Really made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete