Monday 7 January 2013

Making The Impossible possible

I had a nice dream last night, I woke up smiling but I couldn't quite place why.  The dream was right at the tip of mind and if I tried to stretch to remember it, it slipped a bit further away until it was completely gone, so I have no idea what it was about but it feels like it was good :-)  So this put me a quite a good place to start that day, although I felt particularly tired this morning.  I think this may have had something to do with my cinema trip last night and as promised here is what I thought...

The Impossible, an amazing film!  Visually stunning and a wonderful story of hope, courage and family.  Unfortunately, I feel, it may focus a little too much on Western tourists and holiday makers and how the Tsunami effected them and skimmed over the locals who not only lost loved ones but homes, businesses and everything they have worked for.  However, this doesn't take away from the film at all though, its emotion and heartbreak is what makes it so gripping.  I found myself crying in sadness for the family as well as in happiness and willing them to find each other and wondering if in the same situation I would be so strong, particularly if I was a young child having to take care of a parent in that situation.  All in all a fantastic film that leave you feeling heartbroken for anyone that was effected by this catastrophe and stays with you long after you have finished watching it.  A recommendation but maybe not at the cinema, maybe at home on your own in a dark room with a box of tissues.

'Operation Skinny' update - I have been eating really well, even when I could have been naughty.  Yesterday I spent AGES par-boiling root vegetables and bagging and freezing them so I can roast them instead of potatoes at a moments notice - this will limit my carbs at dinner which is good :-)  Already feeling better, clothes don't feel much looser yet BUT I am seeing myself differently.  Not in the mirror but you know that moment when you think of putting an outfit on or doing your hair a certain way and you see a version of yourself in your head.  For the last few months that version of me has been particularly round and wider than before.  This is starting to change now to seeing myself slimmer in my head, I may not be there yet but visualising your goal is the first step :-)

I am feeling very positive today about my weight loss goals and my life change goals.  I feel like if people can fight and survive such devastating circumstances then anything is possible you just have to work hard to acheive it.  My problems pale in significance to theirs and so I should count myself lucky to have the all the positive things in my life and as for the negative, well you just have to work through them one day at a time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment