Sunday 10 November 2013

Memories!!

Blogging about something different is difficult for me as my blog isn't focused on a particular topic, so what I am going to blog about it something difficult to write about, my grandad, my grandee, my little nan and my mom.  I have lost a lot of people over the years but these are the ones that had the most impact on me both when they were around and when they left! So I am going to share a key memory that I have of each of them:

My grandad Bob, I know I didn't spend enough time with him, particularly before he had his stroke when he was much more active and could take us out and about! But I will ALWAYS remember going to meet him and Nan with the rest of the family at McDonalds in the One Stop centre for breakfast and a wander round the shops - it feels sad because it's not a specific memory between me and my grandad but I don't have any of those! I remember my mom telling me he kept a curl of my hair from when I was a toddler in his wallet for years and I loved trying to play on his electronic scooter in the back garden before he would shout at me to get off!

My grandee Reg, the funniest guy I know by fair, there are countless serious family photos with grandee pulling a silly face or wearing a silly hat in the background! I remember him standing in my living room practicing his golf swing and doing a little jig! But what I remember the most about my Grandee was spending time with him at the Caravan in stourport, we used to spend hours doing the garden or watching the tele or just walking around the site! I would follow him around like a list puppy, I completely idolised him and miss him dearly!!

My little Nan, the most prominent memories I have are from Christmas, when I woke up ridiculously early I would sneak into Little Nan's room and she would come downstairs with me.  She would start preparing the veg and I would sit and sort the presents into piles!! Every now and then she would poke her head in to make sure I wasn't shaking them or peeking... Christmas has never been the same without Little Nan's veg :)

I have hundreds of memories of my Mom she was always active and planning something so my childhood was none stop but I loved it! She made my childhood so much fun and so full of laughter and sillyness, I'm sure she would have proved to make my adulthood the same if she was here!!  I have one very prominent memory that didn't mean anything at the time but looking back it was a truly wonderful moment between mother and daughter!  My mom asked me to try on her wedding dress and walk around her bedroom, at the time I was just excited because I love princess dresses and gowns so the thought of wearing a wedding dress was a dream come true.  It only occurred to me when I was older that, that was her only opportunity to see me in a wedding dress, she wouldn't be at my wedding and wouldn't get the experience of coming shopping with me for mine so this was the closest she was going to get! One benefit of being young and not understanding would have been how excited I would have been to try on the dress, if I'd have understood why I was trying it on, I think my reaction would have been different and not brought her as much joy and it did that day!  My mom listed the day she went shopping with her mom for her wedding dress as one of the best days of her life and I think she just wanted to experience a little bit of that with me and I love her massively for trying to experience everything she could with me before she left <3

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment