Sunday 10 November 2013

Movie reviews (from Hong Kong!)

Not much to say in this blog, I left London at 11am yesterday and arrived in Hong Kong at 7am this morning so I have missed a nights sleep and I can really feel it!!  I need to stay awake until a reasonable hour to go to sleep but the temptation to crawl into my hotel room and get into bed is so very strong!!

Anyway, to keep me awake I have a few movie reviews from the plane:

The way, way back
Coming of age story about a young boy who is basically very unhappy, and how one summer changed everything.  This is a brilliant film, comical, dramatic Nan's heartfelt - everything you would expect from a feel good film.  It does exactly what it says on the tin, makes you feel good!!

White House Down
Extremely similar to the recent 'Olympus has Fallen' in fact except the first 10 minutes they are the same film!  Olympus has fallen was brilliant and gripping and this had the same idea but didn't quite deliver! Jamie Foxx as the president became quite a silly and comical role compared to Aaron Eckhart which although funny let the story down a bit! All in all entertaining to watch, had I not watched the same film a month ago (although Channing Tatum didn't hurt their efforts!!)

2 guns
I really wanted to love this film, the trailer looked hilarious.  Unfortunately, all the hilarity was in the trailer making the rest a little tedious and the plot lines were so confusing and uninteresting that I stopped caring who was or wasn't the bad guy about half way through!! I wouldn't recommend this!

The Lone Ranger
Well I had a preconceived notion of what I would think of this film, I am supposed to think its rubbish because that's what the critics say!! But I loved it!  Johnny Depp was on top form as Tonto and really kept the comedy flowing and Armie Hammer didn't disappoint me either (even though I expected him to).  Some parts were a little long winded but the comedy one liners from Tonto managed to keep me from falling asleep (as it was the middle of the night at home!).  I say don't listen to the critics on this one, watch it yourself and see what you think... I was surprised!!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment